Snowman

i have the tunzes and like them - good points

-quiet

-small

-reliable

-good lph out of them

bad points

the clips on the magnets tend to break

i don't think hydors are available here, could be wrong, they are a lot cheaper but i have heard very mixed reviews on them, plus they are much larger than a tunze and i don't think the flow is as strong

haven't used seios think they are supposed to be pretty good but can be quite large

What sort of tunze are you looking at, off the top of my head they four different types and at least three sizes within each type. Then there are the old models and new models, the new nano's for example seem to be better then the old, the old streams seem to be better then the new.

Not really sure what sort im after, is their a site somewhere they can be compared, im looking for something small and around 2000 LPH.

I have a couple of Aquaball 2212 's im using at the moment but they are way to big and the fish keep moving them around, so something smaller would be good, also like the idea of magnets that dont give up the ghost after a while.

The Nanostream 6025 is 2500 liters, so should work. But...Yeah, the stupid clips...

I've had good luck with Seios, they've been completely reliable for me, everyone I've heard having problems with them bought them locally. I don't think I've heard of anyone having problems with imported ones.

The tank is 1950x650x630 800ltrs, mainly a loach tank with a large fire eel, it has 2 Eheim 2217 cannisters (1000LPH each) at the top of one end and i'm thinking 2 of the 6025 with the small Tunze rocks to hide them in at the bottom of the other end to provide flow around rocks & driftwood, that will give 7000lph flow, so should do the trick nicely.

Even better, my sister in law lives in Singapore so i can get her to bring them back in June :D

The Seio's look good but thinking its hard to beat the size of the Tunze.

With regards to the clips breaking is it possible to glue the magnet on or is the only solution replacement?

Araldite will stick just about any thing... but if there isn't much surface area to stick to, you may have to repeat layers several times before an adequate bond is formed. (could take a few days before what you want is achieved) But once the bond is formed, its gonna stay there for sure.

Well, I suppose you could glue them on, but it's not going to be easy to glue a sphere to a flat disc, and, obviously, you won't be able to redirect it afterwards.

You don't stick the stream to the magnet, you stick the bracket that holds the stream to the magnet. But make sure you have the newer clip as Suphew says, not the original old ones, as they became brittle and arms would break, as well as the four little tiny tags that hold it to the magnet.

When the Tunze nanos first were released there were a few reliability issues with the "C" clips

One problem was the 4 little tabs that held the clip to the magnet snapped off.

Another problem was after a period of time the "C" clip plastic befame brittle and would snap on either side of the central part of the "C"

These issues according to Tunze have been resolved. I have had both these problems with my tunze nanos but have been able to obtain replacement parts from the Tunze distributor. Overall they are a good unit.

When the Tunze nanos first were released there were a few reliability issues with the "C" clips

One problem was the 4 little tabs that held the clip to the magnet snapped off.

Another problem was after a period of time the "C" clip plastic befame brittle and would snap on either side of the central part of the "C"

These issues according to Tunze have been resolved. I have had both these problems with my tunze nanos but have been able to obtain replacement parts from the Tunze distributor. Overall they are a good unit.

Same here, Local distributor backed them up without question, yay for them

Tunze have fixed all the clip problems last year on the nano pumps. The plastic was faulty.

Any issues with clips breaking is not a issue as they are replaced .

Seeing your tank is pretty big, i doubt a Tunze nano is going to do much.

You need something like a 6065.

here is some info.

http://www.tunze.com/149.html?&L=1&C=NZ ... zeprod_pi1