blue tongues and sneezing

blue_tongue

Hi,

Mine does this only when clearing nasal passages, very common after eating a snail or having a drinking.

For a reptile the are quiet vocal and emit alsorts of noises, snuffing & huffing, a subdued hiss when annoyed and of course sneezing. The funniest noise is the farting, especially when you don't expect it.

Is the BT active and the sneezing is dry ie not spraying any gunk ?

I agree. As long as there's no discharge from the nostrils, sneezing's perfectly normal, particularly if your skink likes to burrow.

As for temperatures, ideally you want to have a gradient. It's recommended that you have a basking spot at one end of your enclosure that gets to a temperature in the range of 35-37 degrees celsius so that your lizard can lie there and digest its food easily, then at the other end of your tank, a good temp to keep it is between 20 and 24 degrees, so that your lizard can go and cool down when it feels like it. At night time, it's good if your tank cools down to mimic night time outside. It can get as low as 15.5 degrees celsius with no problems. If it gets lower, your skink might start to go into brumation, so best not to let it get that low in summer.

Hope that helps. www.bluetongueskinks.net is a great resource for information on blueys.

-nicola :)

if it has babies its a girl,if there are just the two, then the one that did not have the babies is a boy.Alot of experienced keepers go by this method too!

but what happens if it dosent have baby's? are they 2 males or 2 females so best get the book or go online and see how to measure the vents. is that not true.

but its only my opinion