Calling All Manawatu Fish Breeders

realale

I heard back from him too, but he said there was no interest "typical manawatu attitude" apparently and nothing was happening...

It was a shame really as there are alot of us around here that are quite keen and all get along would have been interesting to see what could have happened.

Well he turned up, gave a vague, interesting-sounding idea, then vanished!

There WAS interest, but because he wasn't around to discuss the idea further, or respond to questions, we assume it is dead in the water.

Note how this thread is STILL going. Is that really a 'typical manawatu' lack of interest? :roll:

I also don't know what the "typical manawatu attitude" is referring to?

There are quite a few very motivated fish keepers here who are keen to jump on board or at least get together and see what happens... But it has been stopped?

With everything in life there will be a few people who "take the mickey" but personally knowing the people on here it was just a good laugh, and reflection on all the dodgy looking fish deals done on the side of the road or out of motels. There is no reason to take offence at that, surely if there was any serious intention of going through with anything a few people having a laugh wouldn't be enough to put you off..

I also don't know what the "typical manawatu attitude" is referring to?

There are quite a few very motivated fish keepers here who are keen to jump on board or at least get together and see what happens... But it has been stopped?

I agree Ryan, in our experience we have only met motivated friendly fish folk and after chatting with a few, I think most of us emailed him/her to say that we would be very interested "to know more"? Of course everyone had there own questions no doubt but we would have been keen to give it a go as long as it was fair, maybe some of the those questions came across as negative or doubting and it was canned on that basis. :oops:

He did ask for people to contact him... it would be unsurprising to then be bombarded with questions!

Did anyone hear back BEFORE he decided we we all unfriendly and unenthusiastic?

It may well be another one of those cases where you have an idea and jump in boots and all, then freak out and back slowly away. I know I am good at doing that!

I imagine we will never see this person again now.

Maybe it gave someone else an idea for something similar? It would be good to have something connecting us in Palmy.

Who knows what happened, its just a shame really..

I got a reply from him with roughly his plans and a proposal to meet up which I replied to and haven't heard back, only when I contacted him the other day to ask what was happening and he said he had canned it due to attitude.

Stella the Wanganui email list works really well have met some awesome people through that.. Maybe it could be extended to the Wanganui/Palmy email list?

What is the wanganui email list?

I asked a little while ago about some kind of list for us, but I have no idea how to set one up, and no one else really responded knowing how.

Combined could be good. I know a bunch of wanganui people come over regularly to see our pet shops, and we are so close joint activities could work.

I'm on the wanganui list which we loosely call wanganui fish club and we would welcome any manawatu people to join and/or offer any ideas for combining interest in the regions. Ryan you have the contact list I believe so feel free to contact any of us. Contacting Phil would be a good start as he was the initiator and unofficial co-ordinator. I'm sure he won't mind me bestowing that title on him :-?

We're on the list too, as yet we haven't managed to get anything off the ground. If the list was bigger and a few couldn't make an event then it would be less of a problem because you'd still have the numbers to follow it through. We'll all be coming to Palmy more reguarly Stella, for all our fish and supplies, when we loose our Pet and Fish shops.