has any one got entire male female cats?

chilli

i was wondering if anyone has unneuterd cats and do they spray in or around the house,(i cant stand that smell)and how do you get rid of it?

i was thinking about breeding mine but dont want to lock them in cattery(or have to build one first)and dont want a smelly house

Did the breeder not sell them to you with desexing contracts? Thats odd

Yes, entire males spray, it reeks too. Also, you can't let him roam then, as he will go far and wide to search for females and mate with any he finds and could possibly pick up diseases when he fights with other males. Your female will also have to be kept inside so she doesn't mate with random diseased toms. She will howl when on heat, and I think a lot of females spray when on heat too. And you would have to keep them seperate until she is old enough (a year +).

Desexed cats are a LOT nicer to have around. What would be your motivation behind breeding?

Entire cats and dogs, of any sex or sort, are much more likely to get run over than desexed ones.

I am very surprised there was no requirement to get them fixed.

Unless you are going to do it properly and the parents are registered pedigrees (or whatever it is called) then you shouldn't bother. There is a whole lot more to breeding cats than sticking them together and waiting. It is a hell of a lot of work, takes a lot of food etc. Sure bengals cost a lot, but you will have animals that are neurotic (females) and smelly and stroppy (males).

(warning: I come from the side that believes ALL cats should be desexed and registered, with the exception of registerd breeders. The SPCA has enough trouble with animal abuse, neglect and stupendous amounts of unwanted kittens)

i was wondering if anyone has unneuterd cats and do they spray in or around the house,(i cant stand that smell)and how do you get rid of it?

i was thinking about breeding mine but dont want to lock them in cattery(or have to build one first)and dont want a smelly house

Go to the local pet shop. I've had problems with my neutered male spraying inside. There is a product called ooops.. best PM you with that one or I might cop another warning for swearing. :)

Dont use any cleaning product for cat spray/ wee that has ammonia in it, as it encourages the cat to spray more! Clean up with plain water, soak up as much liquid as possible with cloths and spray straight 'white vinegar 'to remove smell. White vinegar (undiluted) in a spray bottle is good for any urine/feaces smells as not ammonia etc and not harmful. When I worked in a nursing area with many incontinent people, a carpet cleaner gave us that hint and it was the best advice ever....for people and animals :D

aarrrr just wrote heaps and went to view new posts insted of submit :x

anyway did breeder favor(what goes around comes around)and he gave me an option on breeding my cats(papers etc)

(need to give a little more money but is a good deal if i take it)

ill need to build indoor and outdoor cattery cage of coarse dont want moggies and dont want my neighbors complaining about noise at night(even tho there are cats around now waking me up)

iv got dogs so the strays dont spray on my house

i also dont want my boy to get hit by car etc from roaming (but we dont let out at night)

but there is alot to think about(a little hobby turns into alot of work)i also want good homes for kittens but dont want to charge someone an arm and a leg(dont no if im aloud to sell kittens cheap ill need to look into that)

THANKS FOR INFO ABOUT GETTING CAT PEE SMELL AWAY :bow: i didnt no the viniger thing and i also found out bleach is the worsed thing to use(wish i new that in last house)

Stella i do believe that too and didnt realy want a cat but fell in love with the breed (maybe coz there so smart like dogs)

iv had cats when young that had one litter and it was no big deal,found homes and got her spayed,(i also take my friends cats and dogs to get fixed up coz there are to many out there)

thats y i need to think long and hard about this(you dont get an option like this with purebred cats that often)id also love to start getting into showing them(i wanted to show dogs but always got cross breeds :) )

.. I might cop another warning for swearing. :)

:lol: :wink:

@ Chilli - even fixed cats (both male and female) spray. I had a female who was speyed and she sprayed outside. My neutered male sprays also - so getting them fixed doesn't necessary cure the problem either. I think it's generally down to their personality as to whether they do or not as not all cats spray, but more likely to if they aren't fixed.

yeh thats wierd my friends female cat has sprayed too,

i was thinking if i catch him or her spraying to make load noise or squirt with water gun but it is natural and thats how they communicate to each other too,

but i would hate to get them fixed and then they still sprayed

another friend told me that there cat is a tom and iv never smelt cat pee at there house and the breeders house was fine too

Spraying is a dominance issue.

I lived in an apartment building, 8 units and at one point there were five cats. Cats that had no record of spraying started spraying, including neutered females.

It is all about making your mark. Dominant cats often do not bury their toilet, they leave it out as a huge I WOZ HERE to other cats. Less dominant cats bury them.

It is not a simple 'how they communicate' thing like with dogs, it is I WOZ HERE plus a very loud AND I WILL BEAT YOU UP.

Cats that are left too long before neutering are more likely to spray and exhibit other unpleasant behaviours. Basically the point is to get them before puberty. Cats can be fixed as young as six weeks quite safely (I think). Leaving them to six months or more results in puberty starting and potentially unwanted kittens.