Aquatic plants(lots of pics)

supasi

Looks like the first one is Vallisneria spiralis and the last looks a bit like hornwort (Ceratophyllum demersum)---is it very brittle and breaks easily?

I think with the rest you are on the button.

Yup the first is Spiralis. The lake edge is choked with it and Hornwort.Thanks Alan , couldnt remeber the name.

I was actually looking for some Potamogeton crispus to photo for Plant pic database, but the water was not clear enough to see and i wasnt into getting to wet. I could see it but not reach it.

Others that i never photoed were,ranunculus lingua,Myriophyllum propinquum and another plant growing amoungst the glosso and looks similar but has two opposing leaves rather than the single of Glosso.

You know that hornwort is naughty, bad, wicked and banned.

Yep sure do.

Mind you so should everyone who visits the lake. Huge signs everywhere. Its contained in that lake only. Anything that heads downstream from it ends up in the ocean after crossing farmland then pine forests.

Its a real pain swimming through it as it comes to the surface during the summer. Occasionall they drag the bottom to clear the swimming area.

A prime example as to the dangers of spreading unwanted organisms and the damage it does to natural waterways.

Looks like the first one is Vallisneria spiralis

I also think that there is Vallisneria Gigantica there too.

The Spiralis is more evident closer to shore. Shorter leaves with spiral flower stalks. Then having wider longer leaved plants out deeper.

The sign just calls it "eelweed"