Tank build 3 metres x 1.2 x 1.2 - Video added

livingart

To reduce the glass thickness further you could use a 800 - 900 high piece 200mm off the bottom and 100mm from the top.

By the time you fill with gravel and have your air gap at the top you would prob find this is all you could view anyway.

This would mean you could use 19mm

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not up with the play on acrylic but glass would be fine with 19mm. If it was me i would not go with acrylic as long term it does get scratched.

I am able to get glass cheaper than acrylic so 99% of tanks i do are glass. The only ones i do in acrylic are shaped that would not otherwise be able to be done from glass.

Wouldn't the thick poly already make it well insulated??

your rite davidR it would.

hae mark are you going to put a top on this tank if you do then put poly on that to then the hole tank will be like a chilli bin it will keep it hot or cold

it a good start tho mark keep it going

the jardini might hurt him

just priced the fibreglass

20litre kit of epoxy anvd 20 sq metres of cloth is $628 incl gst does anyone know if this is a fair price?

Give sourthern ocean marine a call. They are out at the point and should be able to spare some goods for some $$ @ wholesale

Or try

NZ figlass

Mod=Warren: Personal contact details removed. This is against our guidelines - yes, yawn I know. Even though the details are publicly available in the White or Yellow Pages or on their website, it's against our site guidelines to post anyone's contact information without their written permission. Saves us issues with the privacy act - one rule to cover all instances so peoples own ideas or interpretation about what is and isn't private doesn't cause us a problem...

the jardini might hurt him

just priced the fibreglass

20litre kit of epoxy anvd 20 sq metres of cloth is $628 incl gst does anyone know if this is a fair price?

um no not realy mark when i can get 15mtrs of 6oz cloth for $75 and the reson cost me $40 for 4ltrs (part a and part b)

dropped window size to 2.2 metres long x .800 height with .100 overlap internally

newtank4bh8.jpg

added 100 x 100mm to window frame top and bottom

levelling internally with epifill to give a smooth surface for glassing

newtank5qb0.jpg

its taking a while due to having to deal with interruptions and normal work during the holidays

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

haven't glued in acrylic yet, i am building this outside so between the weather. customers, animals and cold nights has taken awhile to get 2nd coat of fibreglass completed

too scared to complete it :o

no i don't have room inside, and temp needs to be right to glass