New morph (colour) of Bearded Dragon from South Africa!!!!!

Perpin

Hi everyone

I belong to a reptile forum in South Africa.

A couple of days ago a member announced that he has bred out a new colour of Bearded Dragon. This is a respectable breeder in South Africa.

Here it is......

n682426005_1465090_5775.jpg

n682426005_1465089_4931.jpg

n682426005_1481726_9265.jpg

This is not an albino. It does not have red eyes. The skin is normal and not like previously bred "leatherback" beardies that are vulnerable to the sun and can get skin cancer.

What do you guys think?! I think they are lovely.

Cheers

Michelle

Nice looking beardies.

Looks like the colour morph is known as leucistic in the states, although the ones in the states are not genuine "leucistic" (i.e. lacking mealanophores (brown & black) and xanthophores (reds and yellows), and only having a few iridophores (white & reflection).

see www.dragonsdenherp.com for pics.

Would be great if these were genuine leucistics as this would be the first example in beardies that I'm aware of.

If everyone would prefer to check it out themselves, go to sareptiles.co.za. Go to board index then exotic lizards and then bearded dragons and then At last!! My new morph...

I see there have been quite a few views of this post but very little response. What do you all think?

Hi Steph

I am loving New Zealand. We managed to get a place out in Maraetai so I feel like I am on a permanent holiday,LOL!

I cant say that I miss SA all that much. I do miss my friends and family but its all good.

All I have to do now is get some reptiles. Cant stand not having any!!!

I know how you feel!

I had 2 veiled chameleons, 3 Dwarf Cape Chameleons and about 35 Leopard gecko's back in SA. Boy do I miss them.

I plan on getting beardies, leopard gecko's and possibly some newts. I cant wait!

What do you have? Are you still searching like I am!?

wow :o you had quite a collection! :D

I have newts, tropical fish, and turtles.

Hoping to get a tortoise again, not sure out of a water dragon or bearded dragon - any ideas which one for a beginner?

hope all goes well!

are you getting the chinese or japanese newts?

(if you get any)