My 1.5 Aro, RTG tank and Royal plec

henward

1.5 red aro - now it is 12 to 13 inches and getting fat. Colouring up nicely with some good lighting and good food.(Shrimp stuffed with hikari pellets)

15dec08.jpg

My RTG tank - my planted tank. See not too many plants:)

IMG_3543.jpg

IMG_3547.jpg

My Red tail Gold arowana - ths is a better pic than the last, starting to get good at taking pics of fish that dont wanna stay still. The rings around the scales are coming out, has tripled in amount since i got it. colour is rather intense for a young fish so looking forward to getting it 20 inches:D

IMG_3554.jpg

Royal plec sucking on wood! that was not meant to be dirty

IMG_3549.jpg

Royal plec and ornate

IMG_3551.jpg

rockygold from MFK suggested the food i feed.

he said that a combo of shrimp and pellets is best.. more so shrimp. he said when it comes to this type of fish, the meaty foods really get them big:D

I'd agree with him, my green seems to get bigger every time I look at it!

No pics of the jar??

I had never seen a large one until I saw evil elmos. Big RED. The silver ones i have seen were all small. I am pleased you shared your pictures because now I have to buy one, what awesome looking fish. might even be able to get my husband interested with one of these :lol: :lol: :wink:

they are rewarding.

all aros are:D

im an aro fanatic!!!

the jardinii you will need to hunt around abit, i think they stopped bringing them in now.

but they are cool

my goal is to have mine about 24 inches by this time next year:D

im putting him in an 8 foot next year.

he usually eats 2 to 4 whole shelled prawns a day, but i only feed 1 cos i dont want him growing tooooo fast:D

the jardinii you will need to hunt around abit, i think they stopped bringing them in now.

They never started bringing them in, it was a one-off thing that will probably never happen again... ;)

Lynnie they're great fish, I had a black aro years ago and always regretted selling it, so glad I've got a green now, its growing like mad!

apparently, direct from the LFS, that one batch came in.

about 12 to 15 of them at very most.

Hollywood had 4 themselves, the rest went all over the place.

it takes awhile to sell them as they have a "warning: gets f...n huge! and will mostlikely attempt to kill or kill any tank mates"

to my understanding they were not supposed to com ein, but came in by mistake and it was jsut let through or something like that.

none the less, the last time i saw them was when i came in to nz 1992, they marked them as PEARL spotted arowana, i remember, i was aro mad then at 8 years old:D

They have come into the country on a number occasions. there was one not so long ago down this way

How sure are you? I believe there would have been some imported pre-mid 90's when the border restrictions were tightened (strangled), as I have seen at least one large specimen offered for sale before the most recent lot came in.

to my understanding they were not supposed to com ein, but came in by mistake and it was jsut let through or something like that.

Yes, although I'm not sure about the last part of that sentence (ie; let). I'm the words of Sergent Shultz, I KNOW NOTHING!!!!

:lol: :wink:

apparently, direct from the LFS, that one batch came in.

about 12 to 15 of them at very most.

Hollywood had 4 themselves, the rest went all over the place.

it takes awhile to sell them as they have a "warning: gets f...n huge! and will mostlikely attempt to kill or kill any tank mates"

none the less, the last time i saw them was when i came in to nz 1992, they marked them as PEARL spotted arowana, i remember, i was aro mad then at 8 years old:D

Was more than 12 to 15 and have come in since 1992. As there latin name was Osteoglossum jardinii they came in under "Osteoglossum sp" which at the time was a legal import. As you would know that has since changed.

There was a good number down south from an importer here.

Cool fish but they get big alright