Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

peat moss

Featured Replies

You need to be clear what you want. Sphagnum moss is the basis of sphagnum peat and is the result of partial anaerobic decay of sphagnum moss in a swamp. Peat can be derived from any plant material but frequently is from sphagnum moss. You can get dried sphagnum moss and sphagnum peat from your local nursery but they are not the same thing. What do you wish to use it for?

I use it in my frog tank it it a really good overlay substrate to go on gravel in frog tanks mine love it as long as you keep it moist the dried stuff just needs to be wetted you must be thinking of spagnum moss

  • Author

been told I need it as a laying substrate to breed crickets. All I was told was peat moss hence trying to find out more about it

I think (just a guess) that the crickets eat the peat moss as 65% of the worlds true incects (crickets, beetles, cockroaches anything with six legs that can't fly) eat broken down/waste material just a thought don't murder me if I am wrong

  • Author

LOL no this is not for them to eat. From what I have read it is for them to lay their eggs in. If you have other suggestions as to what can be used for egg laying material for crickets I wouls happily hear it.

i think i remeber people using sawdust or vercumulite in plastic drinking cups for breeding insects may have seen that on this forum

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.