OMG!!!

yarimochi

Has anyone seen these babies??

http://ledtronics.com/products/Products ... =C743K1691

A VERY expensive alternative to aquarium lighting but awesome output versus power consumption. I am purchasing one of these very soon for my planted nano tank. NZ has very limited sources of tank lighting but this is soooooo cool. Anyone willing to spend the money should DEFINATELY invest in one of these.

so awesome

it shouldn't be too hard to make one if you have the know-how, by the looks of it its 160 LED's. 32 in each cluster.

I might give it a go, and try an write up a DIY if all goes well. shouldn't cost more than $40 or $50. maybe even make 2, and set on a timer for night and day lights.

although won't be till next year being so busy at the moment.

it shouldn't be too hard to make one if you have the know-how, by the looks of it its 160 LED's. 32 in each cluster.

I might give it a go, and try an write up a DIY if all goes well. shouldn't cost more than $40 or $50. maybe even make 2, and set on a timer for night and day lights.

although won't be till next year being so busy at the moment.

Problem with that is getting the light spectrum right, not a big deal if you're just going to have fish, but more important with plants.

Heh, $500ish NZ for roughly similar light output to a $50 2X1foot fluoro unit with a good reflector. All to save you about $10 worth of electricity per year.:)

Where's a good place to get those sorts fluros? I'm looking for some now, but can only find ones that are like $130+

Problem with that is getting the light spectrum right, not a big deal if you're just going to have fish, but more important with plants.

thats what google is for :P

i've got the resources to get it all going, just need to know the correct spectrum. im sure there is something on the web about it, everything else you would want to know in the world is on the web, so im sure there's something.

didn't waste away 2 years studying electro tech and physics for nothing. :)

I was wondering if anyone can help me.

If you look at their website, it is obviously geared towards american customers. And of course, Amercia being America, they have to be different and have a 110v power supply. I was wondering if i can use this here in NZ? We have 240v as I'm sure you're all aware of. Some plug adaptor thingies have a mark saying 100v-240v on them which obviously means that they are adaptable. Is there a solution to my problem? Will it cope with higher voltages or will I have to buy something else to take the current down.

Thanks heaps