a sad story

rockwork

Do you think it possible for management to read between the profit and loss columns and show some empathy on this?

doubt it, especially if it is a commercial chain store - profit would be most important, at least the family/private owned pet stores care more for their animals

No chance of that happening I'm afraid. Instructions come from above store level for each store to have one. I know the people at this level who organise it do genuinely care about our reptiles as much as any cat or dog. They let me spend a fortune on trying to get Diego better at the vets but she sadly died of cancer. My frustration is more at the the lack of information available to store level. I had work out most things myself when I got mine and could then apply that knowledge to the ones kept in store. The staff turnover is so high that noone is there long enough to have the needs of these reptiles consistently addressed.

when i was in contact with the spca the 1st time about the little ones here i gave them a copy of the care sheet that we have written and a copy was given to all the stores branches for them to follow, but unfortunatly some still do not follow this.

i have been in contact with them again trying to get the ball rolling again but it is my word against theres and i have enough now.

if we were to treat ours this way they would take them off us, but because they are a pet shop with a high turn over for animals they dont have to provide them with what we do because they are there to be resold.

this little guy is getting worse everyday and the sad thing is i cant even go into check him anymore as we are not welcome there. im having to get friends to go in and let me know and pass the info on to others.

i really does break mine and zanes heart to see this happening and to hear that there are more like it.

yea some people are scared of reptiles but once they are given the chance to touch them and hold them they relize that they are not that scary.

we take ours to schools and out shopping with us to help educate people about them.

our babies go everywhere with us and they love it and most people are very interested in them.