The King is dead

marto

The king of my tank(Sciaenochromis Fryeri) passed away last night.(see posting 1st of nov.)

341057016.jpg

He was a majestic fish and displayed his beautifull colours to us humans and to his females in a magnificent way. We will miss him very much.

A post mortem revealed a little pebble stuck in his throat, so he couldn't eat anymore. How sad and unfortunately.

Sciaenochromis Fryeri female.

343145442.jpg

This widow ( holding from the King) is in mourning. Her offspring will never see their daddy, unfortunately.

But aquarium life goes on and the power vacuuum has been filled in true mmp spirit by 2 new leaders.

Aulonocare hansbenschi

343145435.jpg

Lamprologus brichardi

343145433.jpg

Some of the minor parties didn't make it into parlement.

Labidochromis caeruleus

343145436.jpg

The fine details of the power sharing arrangement hasn't been finalised, by the looks of it.

In the mean time I have located two distant cousins of the King who are willing to take up the duties of the king in due course.

I hope they will arrive next week to a worthy reception.

A sad occasion to share some pictures!!

Yeah well aware you have johannes stock and they're nice fish :)

I was just saying that marto hasn't stated where he got his fish from, I asked if they were from Johannes? But there are at least 3 different strains of fryeri I know of around nz and probably more imported all the time it is possible he got one of these and without knowing it would be hard to match up a male for him..

No trouble intended I know that there will always be disagreements esp with africans and what people think is the right or wrong way to do things..

Thanks everybody for your kind thoughts and sympathy.

My sianochromis fryeri do come from johannes!

It is good to know that it is considered a good line.(I am a novice when it comes to who has good or bad fish lines in NZ)

I am not really in the market for breeding or selling. I just have a display

tank, but I want good fish.

The distant cousins I was mentioning were in Whangarei, but it might be a bit dear to get them here.

I am looking for 2 males as young as possible, because I don't want to introduce adult fish in a tank with an established 'picking order'.

So if there is someone in or close to Auckland....

Do you have fry Phil?

Thanks but i have johannes stock and have a few spare males..

If trying to start trouble you can forget me posting again..Phill

You have bought wisely and from a known breeder who have well documented source for their fish and a rep for quality Phil.

On that that basis you would receive my money as well.

Issues not personalities.

Even Alanis Morriset got the meaning wrong!

If wanting a new king contact me...

Cheers Phill

Most of my breeders when to Wellington and Hamilton

Phil bought from us the following Not main breeders but my second groups that had just started spawning. All but the Red Empress actually held!

E Blue (Fryeri)

Blue Dolphins

Kadango

Red Empress

Happy to assist anyone who has bought fish from us to the right people if needs be please just pm and I will help. :wink:

We took very good care of our fish would hate for things to change or our name to be dragged through the mud dew to incompetence on the part of others. We did our very best to get decent stock and keep them pure :cry: And that's how we will continue to keep our fish, We do this for a hobby not a bussiness, yes we sell the fry to fund other projects and maintain the upkeep of the fish heaps & heaps of our own cash is swimming in the water, that's for the love of the hobby & the fish :bow:

All we can hope is that they are been bred in species' only tanks and that they are sold for what they are time will tell........... lets wait and see :o

Yes i have many types of african's here breeding and i know thet are all good stock or i would not have purchased them..

Also i have received a few lines to grow on like alex's Maleri Red's

For sale i have young electric blues and kadango about 40mm.

Also a line of blue dolphins at 80 to 100mm..I managed to get a well coloured line of just on adults

Also Many very young electric blue,electric yellow,blue ice,sunshine peacocks.daffoldi..

Its always best if possible to " take a look see "

Cheers Phill

Yes i have many types of african's here breeding and i know thet are all good stock or i would not have purchased them..

...Also Many very young electric blue,electric yellow,blue ice,sunshine peacocks.daffoldi..

Cheers Phill

Very dangerous words there "I know they are all good stock or I would not have purchased them.."

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/firebi ... 34665.html There is no possible way you know these are good stock?

Also using all the random names you have used doesn't point towards good stock common names cause confusion what is a blue ice? Are the sunshine peacocks baenshi? Or the firebirds which are rubins but you brought them as baenshi and now call them sunshines?

I know you have brought some good stock from Alex/johannes? But you are also buying willy nilly from anyone who is selling cheap on trademe, people who want good fish will have to be very careful buying from you as some stock will be good some maybe not..

Johannes nothing badly will reflect badly on you, you have done your best, brought and sold descent fish it is all on the new owners now :)

Also very hard to tell what a peacock is or how well coloured a line is or how pure it is from looking you have to grow out a few generations and have them breed true first or know the breeders..

Also i have received a few lines to grow on like alex's Maleri Red's

For sale i have young electric blues and kadango about 40mm.

Also a line of blue dolphins at 80 to 100mm..I managed to get a well coloured line of just on adults

Also Many very young electric blue,electric yellow,blue ice,sunshine peacocks.daffoldi..

Cheers Phill

Phil you must get and keep the names right or you are going to get confused! and upset alot people It's not

blue ice
Iam almst 100% sure your are meaning Pseudotropheus greshakei if you want to call it by its comman name then it's a Ice Blue not Blue Ice I can see how many peolpe are not going to buy from you as you seem to know it all !!

Hi

Look all this is just cr-p

If you see my trade me auctions i list known latin names..Its than up to the buyer to decide..

Lucky you guys here wasting time are not into discus..Thing ya got a problem with names..na...The listed fry were only put there to give a hint of whats here as dont think to many even have seen my breeding room..

Stop picking holes..I can tell you now that the lines of all imports are not really known..You all just take as good fish when received..No importer has the history just buy from trade lists...Phill

What Phil, you saying your hexagonal shaped discus are making a comeback!

We've been through this before

Stop using threads like this one which is about a hobbyist sharing his loss of a fish, to once again shamelessly flog your fish. Many times I have seen the outcome of such threads being fish being offered to such people for free, such is the feeling we have for other hobbyist. But not you.

"Buyer decide"- in other words no responsibility on your part.

Get your own thread in the commercial section and stay there.

I have Utter contempt for what you stand for. I don't care how long you've been breeding/keeping fish. You earn respect not demand it.

And now you have the gaul to correct the people who sold you the fish.

Hey guys, this is turning into a nasty post funeral gathering.

Can anybody comment on my remark that I am reluctant to introduce 'adult' fish into an established tank. It is a 240 ltr tank, plenty of rocks. There are 4 aulonocara Hansbenschi., 3 female sciaenochromis fryeri, 5 aulonocara caeruleus, and 4 lamprologus brichardi in my tank.

Thanks.

This is the last time ever i will offer to give ideas or help..No more postings at all...I do not like your uncalled comments about flogging fish..

I was just advising the guy that i had replacements he sort.But you kids with no money just like to stir so as a hobbyist you may have purchsed before but now one day you might just want what i have and now ya blew it..Better not remind me of your name as no longer welcome here..

Reason is you and dixon just get into stupid comments evey subject i put a note on..Good bye..

Hi

Look all this is just cr-p

If you see my trade me auctions i list known latin names..Its than up to the buyer to decide..

Lucky you guys here wasting time are not into discus..Thing ya got a problem with names..na...The listed fry were only put there to give a hint of whats here as dont think to many even have seen my breeding room..

Stop picking holes..I can tell you now that the lines of all imports are not really known..You all just take as good fish when received..No importer has the history just buy from trade lists...Phill

If you see my trade me auctions i list known latin names

This is just cr-p Scientific Name /latin names is Copadichromis borleyi common name Red Fin Kadango that is as how you it listed best you get your facts right

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 332031.htm

Hey guys, this is turning into a nasty post funeral gathering.

Can anybody comment on my remark that I am reluctant to introduce 'adult' fish into an established tank. It is a 240 ltr tank, plenty of rocks. There are 4 aulonocara Hansbenschi., 3 female sciaenochromis fryeri, 5 aulonocara caeruleus, and 4 lamprologus brichardi in my tank.

Thanks.

Pméd