YAY OUR COCKATOOS SPAWNED TOO

Dave+Amy

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

So how are the Cockatoos going? Anyone had any luck with raising their fry?

I have two lots at present, the first i took away from the parents and the second are in with both mum and dad.

Total of about 80ish.

To anyone that has done these before what was there growth rate like? 10mm after ?? weeks...

I have 2 spawns both sepeated from the parents only 44 combined in the same tank now, they are very slow growing at the moment, on decap and microworms and some of the bigger ones can eat grindal worms too. Lost my male because he jumped but hoping to get another at some stage soon :)

Hi all. I've let my pair spawn 4 times and I've finally got somewhere with them. The first two times the eggs were eaten by the parents, the third time I tried hatching the eggs myself and failed because the wrigglers got stuck in the substrate :oops:, lesson learned. This time I spawned them in a bare bottom tank and removed the male immediately after spawning. I let Mum hatch the eggs and removed her when they became wrigglers. I found a whole heap of unfertilised eggs under a rock so the numbers aren't big but I have 20+ that have been free swimming for 10 days. They are around 5-6 mm including the tail and are eating Microworms and I've recently started them on a little Decap Brineshrimp.

10days.jpg

I have about 50 odd, about half are free swimming. At this stage they are in a bucket on the floor as i have no tank space.

Plan on making some more tomorrow.

These guys are still alive, they were the first batch of two current ones.

Ryanjury has some also, three way tie maybe :D