Compatibility - Knifefish and Hatchet Fish?

Stu :)

I think it also depends on the temperment of the ghostknife.

Currently in my tank I have Gouramis, Tetras not sure what kind (they have pinky/red fins) and are about 3cm across? BN, Bolivian and Gold Ram and A Black Ghost Knife.

The ghost knife is about 27cmish. And I was told not to get tetras cause he'd eat them but he has not eaten anything only a couple tiny tiny bn's which was expected.

I think our tetras are the same size as hatchets ( the ones they have at our lfs) anyways.

But then our Black Ghost knife isnt to the book of what he should be like, hes always out in the day and shares his cave with the gold ram and a large GBA.

:)

The ghost knife is about 27cmish. And I was told not to get tetras cause he'd eat them but he has not eaten anything only a couple tiny tiny bn's which was expected.

At 27cm he's still growing, and watch out for the bn's, they're spinier than corys and if one gets stuck in his throat its all over...

At 27cm he's still growing, and watch out for the bn's, they're spinier than corys and if one gets stuck in his throat its all over...

My Bristlenoses are about 15cmish. And if he wanted to eat fish he would have eaten all of my baby bristlenoses not just the 2. :)

But i do understand that its a risk but all is well at the moment.

Well thanks for your answers, I'll take due note of all of them.

I didn't even consider the poor old corys with another bottom dweller in the tank.

The long and the short of it is that I'd rather have hatchets then BGK if the $50 fish starts eating the $20 a pop fish :wink:

Stu :)