algae on plants.

jim r

Double or triple dose with Florish Excell usually does the trick, or buy an SAE

Also depends on the type of plants as well, sometimes the excell dose can kill the plant off, like Val

What sort of plants are you having trouble with in relation to the algae?

I would try the double dose of Flourish Excell, and see if that helps - I had an algae problem in my main tank, double dosed very second day for a week, and it all cleared up. The plants benefit form it too.

If you start to see any sign of deterioration in the plants, stop the dosing and just do a water change. That my be when you need to buy an SAE.

Hope that helps! :D

what's this about leaving lights on 24/7? :o

plants need the dark to convert Pr to PFr (phytochrome forms..... biology geek, lol). Especially in most long day plants like the ones available here.

you can scrape bba off where it is... alternatively, get a phosphate remover (phoszorb is expensive but works well) and get rid of all the other algae.

yeah... any pet shop should have it... really good stuff...

we used to have problems at work with these 3 goldfish tanks going green everysingle day, even with 100% water changes, etc... i put phoszorb in the filters (just in the cannister or in the hangover box) and presto - no more algae or green water.

its like magic :bounce: lol...

I had a problem for a while, but fixed it with Flourish Excell (double dose), 30% weekly water changes and got a couple of SAE.

Tank and plants cleared up within 3weeks.

Now I just do a 25% weekly water change, Fourish Excell (single dose) and the SAE's just do there thing.