Getting the babies out?

donna

Hi, I was watching my fish this morning and suddenly noticed babies swimming around. I think they are molly babies. Has anyone got any suggestions on how to get them out other than chasing them around the plants with a net, because the danios are eyeing them up :o They are all in amongst the plants so I wonder whether they might survive in there anyway. Also what should they be fed?

Thanks for any help

I'll try BG. Trouble is I'm not really sure who they belong to. Only got the fish on Monday. I'm guessing that the babies are mollies because they are mostly black and my female mollies are black. One of the females is just hanging around the top of the tank and not moving much. I wonder if its her???

• 4 weeks later...

mollie babies are generally bigger than any other type of livebearers fry and can easily be keeped with there parents in the tank, the other mollies will not eat them, if she is hanging near the top it suggests stress, from not only giving birth but she will also be harrased from other males in the tank. if the fry are black and the mother is black, and there r no other black fish in ur tank then they will deffinatly be from the mollie