Discus is going Crazy HELP PLEASE!!

cichlid7

I have a breeding pair of discus in a 100L tank and they have seemed very happy until now.

The female is going crazy flying around the tank and smashing in to everything and then after she hits the glass lays on her side.

The only thing that has changed in the last 4 weeks is that i have started feeding ox-heart over the last few days.

Tank seems fine

Is there anything i can do???

Thanks

agree with livingart... cover the tank with news paper- u can make a small rip in a corner and use it as a peephole... they get really schitzo sometimes.... most of my old breeding pairs did the same thing in the breeding tanks since the tanks were smaller (100L) and had no gravel etc... just a few plants....

it has been proven that strobe and flourescent lighting can have an adverse effect on human epilleptics

I had an epileptic cat when I was nipper. The TV used to set it off until we had her medicated. And the dog I had until a couple of years ago was also epileptic. The glare of the sun was one of her triggers (we think) and she had to be medicated too. I doubt that the same meds would help a fish though :wink:

I would go with prazi as its possible its gill flukes - kind of like fleas which drive the fish crazy they start darting about - mine used to do full 360's in the tank and appear really agitated is one of the gills clamped down at all? can you notice any differences in the breathing at all?