new car almost ready

imsweet

After letting hubby drive my car last season, he hit the wall pretty bad and that was the end of the car (lucky it was the last meeting too)

2008_0721pic0001.jpg

So i have sold it and stepped up a class. After many days an nights in the shed, it's almost done.

Painting chassis

stocky.jpg

pics from last night, few fiddly things to do then tune up fri and 1st practise sat

2008_1020pic0002.jpg

2008_1020pic0003.jpg

Yeah, full contact is going to be the biggest step for me as the production saloons i did race in were (supposed to be) non contact. But i have done quite a few derbys and came second in the last one here, although i did get the stirrers prize :oops:

Sprint Cars and Midgets

Um, what are they? :oops:

Locally here they have stock car races (race around an oval dirt track) I think it's still dirt. I haven't been to those since I was a little girl.

Drag races I love...that's what my sons are into. Posting pics hope they are not too big, still trying to get used to the new photobucket :oops:

DSC03608.jpg

Okay, this was my grandson going down the track at lunch break.

Craig:

me5.jpg

Ryan:

malibu1.jpg

Caper

krb4.jpg

Sprint car, a midget is similar but smaller with no wings.

Big fast American car racing.

Only raced in US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

Basically a Sprint Car is a V8 engine on a lightweight chassis that hold driver and fuel and goes flat out round dirt tracks. 800hp or more horsepower and only weigh about 600kg with driver and fuel.

http://www.world-sprintcar-guide.com/sp ... video.html

ummm... aren't those youtube clips just how we drive every day on the road? At least, that's how I drive. :evil: Watch out world, here I come!

lol, yup :lol: trouble is if you flip someone on the road or push them into another car, chances are someone will get your plate number and you'll be famous. ppl wanting your signature, fingerprints, money etc. :-?

lol, yup :lol: trouble is if you flip someone on the road or push them into another car, chances are someone will get your plate number and you'll be famous. ppl wanting your signature, fingerprints, money etc. :-?

The worst one is when you get the commemorative photograph in the mail...

• 1 month later...

Had problems with the fuel syphoning thru the carb and into the sump. Finally got that sorted Saturday, but me and the kids have had the flu (for over a week) so decided not to risk it for all of our sakes. May go this sunday all going well. ....... oh I had to change my number to 47v due to someone complaining they had the same number last season and (even tho selling their car) might get another one out there this season. :-?