Bye bye

Caryl

Have avoided ditches so far and am in Queenstown. If anyone wants to see the pics...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v144/carylnz/

go to Silver Fern rally 08. Note there is a sub album in there too. Most of the pics are scenery as we travel ahead of the cars checking the road is clear. We were at the finish of stage 6 though so there are some cars at the end!!

Who has been keeping an eye on Caryl's photos of the rally? It looks like she's seen some fantastic and off the beaten track scenery. She hasn't posted any more for a few days now so I hope all is OK. Maybe someone dropped the camera!!!!!!!

Who has been keeping an eye on Caryl's photos of the rally? It looks like she's seen some fantastic and off the beaten track scenery. She hasn't posted any more for a few days now so I hope all is OK. Maybe someone dropped the camera!!!!!!!

Or....

.... she found a ditch :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK pics uploaded here. The first album is of the start in Cathedral Square in Christchurch. Note the other sub albums down the left of the page for the following 8 days of rallying. Not as many cars featured as landscapes we were ahead of them all clearing the roads then stopped at the finish of the last stage so not much opportunity for action shots :cry: . Got quite a few in some places though.

Loved this shot of a dog we passed at Hagley Park. Looks like the dog's arm hanging out the window :lol:

DSC08366.jpg

Some roadkill I found in the middle of nowhere

DSC08525.jpg

Sign on The Nevis Bowling Club...

DSC08696.jpg

I believe the Nevis Rd is the highest public road in NZ.

DSC08665.jpg

Around Lake Onslow was the coldest

DSC08856.jpg

Here is what the truck looked like afterwards...

DSC08866.jpg

By Timaru it looked like this...

DSC09178.jpg

But at least nobody wrote on it like they did the marshall's car

DSC09101.jpg

He got 8 dogs on the back of this

DSC09373.jpg