Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Worst find

Featured Replies

Oh man that really sucks!!

It's amazing what a fish can get in their mouth when they really want to. I have had that happen before but not with a pair.

Yikes! See pics like that all the time on MFK, big catfish with aroawanas or knife fish hanging out their mouths, only recently someone lost a 12" endli bichir when it choked on a big convict.

Odd to see the male trying to eat the female though!

Aww thats a shame, wonder why he did that.. sorry for your loss.

Yikes! See pics like that all the time on MFK, big catfish with aroawanas or knife fish hanging out their mouths, only recently someone lost a 12" endli bichir when it choked on a big convict.

Odd to see the male trying to eat the female though!

I found my male betta with a neon sticking out of his mouth just recently.. I was mortified! I think the tetra had died beforehand though and the betta just decided to take the opportunity to chow down on some neon. He didn't get very far though..

Aw, that sucks! You think he's eaten the fry too, or because she's been eaten, the fry have been gobbled up by something else in the tank?

  • Author

Him last week

MaleCockatoo-1.jpg

I found a few fry in the tank but only maybe 10 left. tank is / was a breeding tank and no other fish in there.

My thoery is that he started to hoover up the fry and mum tried to get them out of his mouth. I dont realy know but end result is the same.

Glad some of the fry survived at least its some sort of bonus.. When I kept my male and female together he ate most the fry too so as soon as they breed he's out now.

I have never seen a cockatoo attempt anything like that who knows what happened?

Thats a real bummer Bilbo! :cry:

That is bizzare, never seen that happen before myself. At least youve got some fry remaining. Guard them well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.