Fish photos

fish_fingers

It is quick. A bit like transferring fish between tanks in separate rooms. Net fish, carry it through house, add to new tank. The same amount of time out of the water as it would be to photograph one. Fish are remarkably resilient and can cope for quite some time out of water.

When taking people on native fish hunting expeditions I often have fish out of the water for a little while to show people. It is stressful for the fish but you can easily tell when a fish is ok and when it should be returned.

That aside, it is not a great way to present a fish for sale, it would be much better for the prospective buyer to see it in the water....

That aside, it is not a great way to present a fish for sale, it would be much better for the prospective buyer to see it in the water....

I agree with that, I would rather see the fish in water, however, I suppose the plus side is you can get a clear indication of what size the fish is, that is, if your hands and the sellers hands aren't too different in size :P