How to clear muddy water

Aaron-Betta

I have just uprooted all the water wysteria out of my small tank as it was just taking over and stealing the light from my other plants. I now have a great mess of planting mix above my stones and mudy water. (I didnt realise how well the water wysteria had rooted itself in) I am doing a 2/3 water change and trying to move the stones a but to cover the mix back up but I seem to be fighting an uphill battle. Anyone got any ideas?

Did you have planting mix under the gravel or is it just from the plant? I would siphon up as much as possible, net out the big bits, and add an extra filter like an internal or hang on the back to suck out the remainder.

You could also siphon it through a net with the end of the siphon going back into the tank if you don't want to change any more water. That means the water goes back into the tank but the mix gets caught in the net.

P-Clear!

add a small bit and then wait over night. then all you need to do is siphon it off. it acts like kitty clumping litter, and all the Particulate matter "clump" so its dead easy to get rid of all the 'nasties'!

PS- also add b-clear (biological clear) if there are other floaty things in the tank.