SETI

Ianab

Anyone else here contributing to the SETI program?

It's a Berkley Uni program to search radio telescope signals for interesting radio frequency signals. Nothing conclusive found yet, but there are about a million PCs working on it.

We may never find a conclusive signal, but it would be silly not to check for new messagaes in the inbox.

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/index.php

Ian

PS.. 5,400 cr / day.. 8)

too long a story to write up, partially cos it easier to tell to people face to face, partially cos im too lazy, but my whole family have experienced a few sightings and other crazy stuff that cannot be explained logically

basically weather control and spinning crosses in the sky could sum it up... lol

*sigh*

well,... it starts out a beautiful day in South Africa, lazy sunday afternoon, i go to my room for a nana nap withteh blue skies and the sun shining on my back... wake up to my father yelling " Chris, Go look outside!" as he runs to my parents room. i can hear his scrambling through the cupboards, amoungst growls of "where's the camera!". i notice a sort of eerie dimness has taken over the ble skies that i fell asleep in. i look at my watch, ive only been asleep 20 minutes. i walk outside and the skies have gone cloudy, but not like normal cloud, it seems thin, and has a strange orangish colour, and it seems to cover the sky in every direction. I walk over to my Mother and Brother and look up over the pepper tree at what they are pointing at.

A big black cross, spinning in the sky, one way, then slowing and spinning the other way, slowing, them changing rotation again. it just sat there, hovering in the sky, like it was suspended on a string. then, in a streak of blue light, a second cross joins it, just above and to the right of the first, spinning in the same way, with the same timing. about now dad has given up teh search and is standing next to me. the two craft sit still them all of a sudden two more blue streaks flash across the sky and they were gone. 10 minutes later the strange clouds dissapear and the blue sky is exposed again with no trace of cloud in the sky.

*sigh*

well,... it starts out a beautiful day in South Africa, lazy sunday afternoon, i go to my room for a nana nap withteh blue skies and the sun shining on my back... wake up to my father yelling " Chris, Go look outside!" as he runs to my parents room. i can hear his scrambling through the cupboards, amoungst growls of "where's the camera!". i notice a sort of eerie dimness has taken over the ble skies that i fell asleep in. i look at my watch, ive only been asleep 20 minutes. i walk outside and the skies have gone cloudy, but not like normal cloud, it seems thin, and has a strange orangish colour, and it seems to cover the sky in every direction. I walk over to my Mother and Brother and look up over the pepper tree at what they are pointing at.

A big black cross, spinning in the sky, one way, then slowing and spinning the other way, slowing, them changing rotation again. it just sat there, hovering in the sky, like it was suspended on a string. then, in a streak of blue light, a second cross joins it, just above and to the right of the first, spinning in the same way, with the same timing. about now dad has given up teh search and is standing next to me. the two craft sit still them all of a sudden two more blue streaks flash across the sky and they were gone. 10 minutes later the strange clouds dissapear and the blue sky is exposed again with no trace of cloud in the sky.

:o Wow. Thanks for sharing. Wasn't so hard now was it? :wink:

I think it would be foolish of us not to believe that something else existed out there. How could there not be?

*sigh*

LOL

With approx 100 billion stars in our galaxy (The milky way) and 100 billion odd galaxies in the "known" universe, with each star potentially harbouring planets much like our own solar system, it would be naive to think that we are the only intellegent life in the universe.

In saying that, the Milky Way is on the outer edge of the universe, so its possible that the distances needed to travel to find other life is too far (by our current understanding anyway)

Theres also huge potential that we have been visited already, but we're kept in the dark about it. Doing a bit of research from WW2 onwards brings up alot of evidence supporting this.

LOL

another constructive post :roll:

And chances are, that we will destroy ourselves before we can get there :roll:

indeed, how long isit going to be until one of the nuclear nations gets fed up with another and all of a suddden everyone launching nukes at everyone else and the planet ends up in a nuclear holocaust.

i give it <50 years...

So the big black cross just showed up above your place, just for you, then went back the planet Cryton??? :roll:

A long way to go for that. I would think that if it did happen, and they were from a super advanced space race, so good that they can materialise without any of our militaries noticing, they would have the capacity to scan earth and discover what they needed to without showing themselves to your family.

Sorry, but very sceptical about these things.

ok look, i know what i saw, and whether it be aliens or a government thing, whatever, my whole family saw it, as well as another whole family living 2 houses down from us.

i cant explain it, but dont bag me out for relaying an experience.

we are all entitled to opinion and judgement based on our personal experiences, just sometimes that opinion and judgment should be reserved. something i recently learnt myself...

I learnt a while ago to keep experiences/opinions of that nature to myself. If you mention anything thats not "normal" in society, then you are straight away regarded as loopy. The best way around it is to not care what other people think.

Thanks for sharing Cricketman, maybe one day people will actually open their eyes to find out that the reality they think they live, is a total lie.

*awaits flame like replies*

thats right, we all live in the matrix - too many video games Matt?

prove us otherwise bro... were just keeping an open mind to other possibilities, rather than being over-run with media-led and government censored beliefs that everything in our world is hunky dory and nothing else exists...

"Extraordinary Claims Demand Extraordinary Proof"

Beliefs based on personal preference and distrust of modern science despite the lack of any reliable evidence are not extraordinary proof. Mental illness or drug induced hallucinations are far more likely and provable causes for seeing your fish dancing around in your fish tank singing about salmon.