Marineland's Last Dolphin Dies

Lucid

Oh this is a toughy!

I would hope and would like to think that people seeing animal/fish in captivity would give them a greater appreciation for something that they may not see otherwise and learn about. I've been to zoos and a marineland and loved and enjoyed every minute. Do I have a greater appreciation say for tigers, you bet, to see these amazing animals and then read how they are becoming extinct :(:( To actually see them in person, not just on TV or in a book or magazine, it just doesn't have the same affect.

Unfortunately, all too often these poor creatures are not kept in the "best" circumstances for their species (e.g. orcas in small pools). I don't even pretend to know what these awesome creatures require but it would be great if they could be kept in "ideal" atmospheres that suits their needs.

I certainly don't know the right answer here, if there is one. I often wondered why they couldn't breed the creatures in captivity that are becoming extinct and then release the offspring in the wild. To be able to build up the decreasing numbers would be awesome.

Anyway, enough said!

Caper