Police Officer Killed

Ant N

Its not the speeding, its the useless drivers....

Sure is, Some lady in a small mazda Infront of my mum Slammed on her brakes and my mums Pajero Went right through it . Cause she thought A big yellow car pulled out infront of her.... There was no yellow car, We were the only 2 cars on the street :lol:

Sure is, Some lady in a small mazda Infront of my mum Slammed on her brakes and my mums Pajero Went right through it . Cause she thought A big yellow car pulled out infront of her.... There was no yellow car, We were the only 2 cars on the street :lol:

My Question there would be, why was you mother following so close behind that she wasnt able to stop? what if there had been a "yellow car" or a child...

I am assuming you're meaning that your Mum is the 'useless' driver in this instance (although that seems a little harsh?). After all surely she knows she needs to be at a following distance which allows her to stop within half the distance of road between her and the next car, yellow car or no yellow car.

I don't agree that speed isn't an issue. It is all very well to blame inattentive or 'useless' drivers (like the ones mentioned above) on accidents, but if you're speeding then you're just as useless as the rest of them and eventually will thankfully be off the roads and in a casket.

Mum wasnt following too close, Was in a free turn and she did slam the brakes on as soon as she realised the car had braked, Its a fairly big 4x4 and they dont brake too quickly.

That is part of the parcel of driving you have to follow at a distance that it is safe for you to stop in.. If your driving a big heavy 4x4 you need to know its a big heavy 4x4 and adjust your following distance so you can safely stop, you also have to add extra to take into account your reaction time etc..

Mum wasnt following too close, Was in a free turn and she did slam the brakes on as soon as she realised the car had braked, Its a fairly big 4x4 and they dont brake too quickly.

driving too close means you cant stop in the space between you and the car in front. if your mum hit the person in front she was a. driving to close or b. Bad at stopping and therefore driving too close for her stopping ability.