Human Form

BK

With the Olympics just being on we have seen the best that human can achieve physical so would have to say that they are the best human form. Who do you think would be the best shape/form? My vote for female is Vlasic Blanka and male is Usain Bolt. These two look like they are fluid when they are moving. Must say that I didn't watch the men’s high jump so could be wrong on the male but would have to say that the high jump is one of the best events to watch.

totally useless question to be honest... not trying to give you a hard time of course... but to go to extremes, for a distance runner, the slight frame is the best human form and the heavey weight weight lifters need the bulk so they also have the best human form.

I would like to see either both Phelps or Bolt do either.

All this talk about who is the greater athlete is also rubbish as if say swimming was as hard on the body as marathons are, there is no way Phelps could have won 8 golds.

In saying that, I do not want to be seen as taking anything away from either Phelps or Bolt.

My favorite sports to WATCH are marathons and tri's as both show incredible endurance and mental strenght.

Isnt there a saying some where that mis quotes Darwin. You know the one that suggests that the weakest perish and the strongest survive. But the original quotes say that neither the strongest nor the weakest survive only the most adaptable ...

I must look that up.

Navarre

Maybe we need an all-rounder competition, with running, swimming, gymnastics, high/long jump, weight lift, short put or javelin, and some shooting or archery. This would really determine who is the fastest strongest etc.

And you could add in some synchronised swimming or rhythmic gymnastics, just to test the um, uh, whats the point of them again??

:lol:

Wouldn't the horses poo in the pool?

daphnia would do well in the pool after the water polo event with horses :D

a good all rounder in body type is probably the one that would be the most adaptable and survive the best

you need to include the mind in this equation as well

One of the best displays of human form IMO is shows like Cirque du Soleil. I came away from that absolutely astounded at what the human body is capable of.

I mean, I have two arms, two legs, a head & torso just like them and what do I do? I sit around most of the day and occasionally walk or even break into a jog. They scale amazing heights, show incredible strength, flexibility, balance and endurance. Totally awe-inspiring.

Please pass another sandwich.

One of the best displays of human form IMO is shows like Cirque du Soleil.

Amen to that, I've been to their last two shows, and both were bind blowing!!

I always find something like that much more interesting and impressive than say the gymnastics at the olympics where the athletes are so confined to strict rules and regulations. I'd love to see gymnastics in the X-Games, imagine if they just said "there's the apparatus, do what ever you want to impress us. If you don't quite get your toes straight because you're doing a triple back flip with a twist then we're not going to deduct half a point".

it truly is amazing the things that one can train a body to do... I have spent all my life thus far in training my temple to drink and eat more to such a state that my body is simply beyond belief

:D:D

i have followed your philosophy oh master baz :o

3 men bolt, phelps, and barrie each have been charged by a lion

who survives ?

would take a lot longer to chew through all my fat before getting to the vital organs... no doupt about it, I would have the best chance

Look at it from a different way... all the rubbish within my temple would not be the slightest interest for the lion to eat and indeed, he may well not want to feast appon such discusting rubbish

Yes on either count, I live

So that begs the question- who/which was the most memorable moment/athelete at these Olympics, out of Phelps and Bolt?

I have to go with Bolt.

A friend who I was talking to about the race complained about Usain being arrogant and cocky. I think hes allowed isn't he? He is the fastest man alive, and dead, in both the 100 and 200 metres. He also helped his team win the gold, and break another record in the 4x100 metre relay.

Ye olde wiki makes for some good reading - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usain_Bolt

to me

Either the weight lifter that lifted for the memory of his wife, Valerie Vilai or Drysdale

all joking aside, I do have a bit to do with athletes and can really feel for those 3 and what took them to the levels that were needed. Yes Drysdale didnt win but the guy had lost so much weight when he had no reserves and gave more than his all as Sarah Ulman did last time... :hail:

Their guts is to me nothing short of inspiring and to be admired

You should see my yoga teacher, the guy isn't muscular like a gym-head, but man is he strong, and flexible of course. When I started I was expecting meditation and stretching. Instead it's an hour and a half of torture! You do feel good afterwards though :)

One of the best displays of human form IMO is shows like Cirque du Soleil. I came away from that absolutely astounded at what the human body is capable of.

I mean, I have two arms, two legs, a head & torso just like them and what do I do? I sit around most of the day and occasionally walk or even break into a jog. They scale amazing heights, show incredible strength, flexibility, balance and endurance. Totally awe-inspiring.

Please pass another sandwich.

I got really annoyed hearing about "Lesser medals" in the media. People were doing personal bests, what more can you ask for?

ditto on that barrie

that is the epitome of the human being

to shoot for the moon and give it everything you have

even though the odds may be daunting