need a snail control - getting rid of Botia

Dave+Amy

Hey anybody out there selling any loaches?

I have a skunk botia that I'm selling due to it's aggressiveness towards my GBAs and smaller Discus...

Could anyone tell me what fish I can have in my planted 6foot tank @ roughly 29degrees celius to keep the snail population down?

Thanks..

Dave+Amy

Hey anybody out there selling any loaches?

I have a skunk botia that I'm selling due to it's aggressiveness towards my GBAs and smaller Discus...

Could anyone tell me what fish I can have in my planted 6foot tank @ roughly 29degrees celius to keep the snail population down?

Thanks..

Dave+Amy

Just collect the snails every week and drop them off to me.:)

Or zebra loaches, they do a good job too and don't get nearly as big as a clown loach. And IMO you don't need a whole tribe of them. I only have two in my tank and they aren't shy. And they play nice with the rest of their tank mates. Apart from the siamese fighter, they just can't resist ocassionally nipping at his long flowing fins..

Nah :D I suspect I have female and two males. Two have darker stripes and one of them is also larger than the lighter one which has the more zigzag stripes. Will have to do some research on the water conditions of wild loaches so that maybe oneday I will breed them. Not sure it has been done before. Can always dream :bounce: :bounce:

Dam lol worth a try..reali need something placid that won't bully my GBAs or Discus - I always seem to get psychotic fish from the petshops :o

plus last time I suspect the Mollies i bought from the local petshop gav my tank a small bacterial infection had to quarantine a lot a fish!

Hence i prefer breeders.. :D