nominate a fish lol

bedazzled

I am looking for a fish to add to my community that is pretty, and a bit bigger than my current fish.

I do have baby Angels that will get bigger but I am trying to think of something that will have some bright colours that is not going to be aggresive and gets to some where between 10 and 15cm.

I bought home a small opaline gourami but he is trying to throw his weight around so he will most likely be going back to the LFS.

I currently have

neons

BN

khuli loaches

cories

platys

guppies

leopard danios

balloon mollies

harlequin rasboras

and the angels

Please tell me what you think would be cool in my tank so I can look it up lol

I have been searching the net for days and one thing or another makes every thing I have looked at unsuitable *sigh*

All suggestions appreciated :D

I do want to add a fighter but there is not even one at my LFS at the moment lol

If you were down here I have some that I'd be selling soon. Maybe someone locally near you breeds them?

If you were down here I have some that I'd be selling soon. Maybe someone locally near you breeds them?

I am not sure, we don't have very many members up this way either :(

I could go to one of the other shops up here but I don't trust them like to do the one I go to

i would have to advise against the fighter due to the fact you have angels.

be wary if you get a redtail as sometimes they can be aggressive.

looking at what you have, most of them are brightly coloured. how about something to contrast them? maybe black widow tetra? they are peaceful and look really nice in a small school

yea most pet shops have them just ring a few first they are cool fish but if you do they will need somewhere to hide ie a cave or under some drift wood they are nocturnal but soon as food especially blood worms are put in there out in a flash....im looking at getting half a dozen and starting my own herd :lol:

I am looking for a fish to add to my community that is pretty, and a bit bigger than my current fish.

I do have baby Angels that will get bigger but I am trying to think of something that will have some bright colours that is not going to be aggresive and gets to some where between 10 and 15cm.

I bought home a small opaline gourami but he is trying to throw his weight around so he will most likely be going back to the LFS.

I currently have

neons

BN

khuli loaches

cories

platys

guppies

leopard danios

balloon mollies

harlequin rasboras

and the angels

Please tell me what you think would be cool in my tank so I can look it up lol

I have been searching the net for days and one thing or another makes every thing I have looked at unsuitable *sigh*

All suggestions appreciated :D

How big is your tank?

Great selection there already.

I did look at those, is there any likelyhood of aggression?

Should they be kept in pairs or is one ok?

My partner thought they were ugly LOL

I think he would love a monster fish tank lol

lol . Personally I haven't owned a Pearl Gourami (yet :D ) but I have read that their temperament is fine. But they may get a bit aggro when it comes to breeding?

I think if you were to buy them you would usually buy them in pairs? but one single male would be fine

I have 8 pearl gourami in my community tank (6males and 2 females) they would be close to a year old i think? No aggression, yet, but they do have a pecking order. Beautiful fish, esp at night when lounge lights are off. They do seem to stick together tho so [iMO] i would recommend more than 1?