home made vs premade.

vindy500

Decide if you want acrylic(SunSun type) or glass, rounded corners or square with joins.Depending on the type of fish you wish to keep, the volume of water and height of the tank and stand may be an issue. Extra filtration may be required with the SunSun type. Hope this helps.

My personal preference is to put the bits together myself to suit my own requirements. Check whether the pre-made tank has the flexibility to be changed if you decide you want to (for example) add extra lights or a different kind of filter.

Also don't just consider new stuff. Look on on-line auction sites to see if there's stuff there going for a good price.

yeah, like whetu said, often u can find good working or near new parts at a fraction of the price. I also prefer to pieces together, because as things change, i like 2 b flexible, more lights if i want a plant tank, or more filtration if i want a monster fish tank. I also find that canisters and sumps provides far more media and overall flow than hood mounted filters.