Cold Water Marine ID please

cichlid7

I went and got some water today from the usual place i get it but when i got home i saw something swimming around

so i got it out and tried to take photo's but no good.

its got 8 - 10 legs, 2 things coming out the front of it kind a like feelers or something and a flat tail the width of its body and kind of like a shell.

will try to get better photos but its only approx 12 - 15mm long 3mm wide

ANY IDEAS

That little sucker is an isopod, it looks to be a Cirolanid but may well also be a Sphaeromatid.

Easy way to tell is to see if it rolls up into a ball when touched, if so its a sphaeromatid.

The sphaeromatids are very benefical and your lucky if you have a few of them in your tank as they scavenge though the substrate and rock, excellent as a cleanup crew, the cirolanids are pretty much the same, but a few in this family also like to suck a little fish blood on the side.

If your paranoid get 1 large chromis(cheap) and see if the bug attaches, if so net the fish and kill the isopod as its a blood sucker, if it leaves the chromis alone, you have the start of an awesome cleanup crew, prob the most effecient bug to have