Closing Down 6 Foot Tank Questions

janine456

Not sure if this is under the right thread..

But I'm closing down my 6 foot african tank due to a slow leak coming from the bottom of the tank, not sure what it looks like yet as the tank is still full of fish and rocks.. So what I'm wondering is.. Realistically how much is a 6 foot leaking tank worth? including a wooden standk?

Thanks in advance

If you have definitely decided to sell the tank in its current state without repairing it first, then it's not worth nearly as much.

It is a very high risk for someone to choose to buy the tank in this state, so it's up to the buyers own judgement how much of a risk they are prepared to take.

i was given a 10mm glass, 2 metre x 50cm tank with a crack the length of the bottom

went to glass merchant, $40 for a new 10mm insert for base, 1 tube of glue and it has been a reef tank for last 9 months

a tank with no leak is worth more than a leaking one :wink:

are you totally sure it's the tank that's leaking? I had my 4ft 300L nearly completely empty once luckily i was home and noticed i thought the tank had cracked.. turned out the airtube had come off the pump at the back and it had self-siphoned... still i was glad it was an easier fix than fixing the whole tank :oops: