July 23, 200818 yr comment_253390 My clown loach is lying on its side a lot.They have not done this before im getting a bit worried by this as im quite fond of them. Report
July 23, 200818 yr comment_253394 LOL! If I had a dollar for every time I'd heard "hey one of your fish looks dead/sick".... :lol: Report
July 23, 200818 yr Author comment_253396 Thanks for that info.I had heard of them doing this before but never seen mine do it,and was worried as this was not their normal behavior. Report
July 23, 200818 yr comment_253399 Very normal. In fact if you don't see them resting on their sides then its not normal and you should make sure they aren't stressed or they haven't formed a P habit.... Report
July 24, 200818 yr comment_253474 mine often hang out upside down under the canister spraybar or almost upside down in the front corner of the tank. my heart stills races a bit when i see them doing that, "is this the time they are really dead?" Report
July 24, 200818 yr comment_253487 lol,had mine for few weeks now and scared the sh*t outa me when I first saw it. Cool fish Report
July 24, 200818 yr comment_253505 mine was in its log for i swear 24hrs straight and i tried to get it moving i even took the log partially out of water to try and check if it was alive, put the log back in because i was scared then an hour later i saw it swishing its tail in the log and i was sooo relieved Report
July 24, 200818 yr comment_253513 There are rather a few species of loach that rest like that, not just Clown Loaches 8) Report
July 24, 200818 yr comment_253532 tis a bit scary when you see the white belly of a fish.. usually not a good sign! Report
July 24, 200818 yr comment_253541 mine did this last night have never seen it before either scared me into doin a waterchange Report
July 24, 200818 yr comment_253542 mine did this last night have never seen it before either scared me into doin a waterchange Here they are peacefully trying to have a nana nap and next thing the syphon hose flys in and sleep is over rover :lol: :lol: Report
July 24, 200818 yr Author comment_253546 mine did this last night have never seen it before either scared me into doin a waterchangeThats what i did. :lol: Report
July 24, 200818 yr comment_253551 I had three around 8cm in a tank with a big piece of driftwood leaning up in the back corner of the tank with an airstone behind it. The loaches would rest floating vertically head down with their heads in the stream of bubbles!! Report
July 24, 200818 yr comment_253574 I had three around 8cm in a tank with a big piece of driftwood leaning up in the back corner of the tank with an airstone behind it. The loaches would rest floating vertically head down with their heads in the stream of bubbles!! lol! auto water movement = don't have to swim or even move gills... SMART loaches!!! whoever called them clowns? anyway lol african... but seriously, nice to hear of some responsible fishkeepers doing the right thing when suspecting a sick fish Report
July 24, 200818 yr comment_253663 My clown loaches don't do this. I'm very disappointed in them. They spend all their time the right way up! At least they do when i can see them - maybe they sleep upside down inside their loach caves. Report
July 24, 200818 yr comment_253665 I am planning on putting some loaches in my new tank, I can't wait to see if the are normal or not :P Report
July 25, 200818 yr comment_253670 my skunk loaches do this - find a nice spot of gentle current and get a lean on like a drunk heading home! I'd seen clown's do this so I wan't worried but it is an odd (and potentially scary!) way for them to relax! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.