Best Fish?????

Hi guys,

In my community tank I have lots of different types of fish and I was wondering whats the easiest and most rewarding fish to breed. In my tank I have glowlights (3 females 4 males), neons (a good mix of males and females), black widows (2 females), bronze corys (1 female 3 males), 3 gold rams (2 female 1 male) these are the balloon type so I'm sure many people will tell me not to breed them. Theres is also other types that I don't think will breed or I don't want to breed them (platys, guppys, khulie loaches, angels)

Hey cam

I used a 30 litre tank to breed my golds, had a sponge filter on low and a stone and pot in there plus a log with java fern on it , i put them in there primed them up on blood worms live food etc then next day eggs.

I also had been feeding them well before i put them in there.

Thanks mitzy. I have 2 females and don't know which one he likes best should I just choose one and hope they bbreed? I'll feed them up on bbs, blood worms and maybe microworms and daphnia (sp?).

Thanks mitzy. I have 2 females and don't know which one he likes best should I just choose one and hope they bbreed? I'll feed them up on bbs, blood worms and maybe microworms and daphnia (sp?).

Just pick one and give them a week or so in there and keep feeding them up , regular water change and see whats happens i dont know what the balloon ones look like when they full of eggs but with the normal she gets quite fat and pink tummy etc and her tube hangs a bit more or is more noticable .

I just dont know why people would like to spread mutant rams around even more?

Well hes got people that likes them Not me personally but its his choice and im sure the petshops well take them as they already sell them good way for him to get a bit of money to buy stuff for his fish :D

I just dont know why people would like to spread mutant rams around even more?

Same reason they'd like to spread around inbred mutant carp, or mutant bristlenoses, or mutant danios, or mutant mollies, or mutant....

its the old story Cam, beauty is in the eye of the beholder

true, but I think most people see them and think they're mutants and don't even give them a chance. They're a really great fish and the male looks awesome when he's coloured up.

true, but I think most people see them and think they're mutants and don't even give them a chance. They're a really great fish and the male looks awesome when he's coloured up.

If you like them thats the main thing :D They will always be around and there is people that do like that look so why not breed them plus it will give you some extra cash :D

Rams are not easy to breed so you may as well have a go at it :D

Ok. I'm thinking of breeding them in my 28ltr tank which has a light (I don't know if you need one or not but it's buit in lid of the tank). It will have a corner sponge filter. What else do I need and what temp does it need to be? do they breed on the a rock or in a cave? whats the best type of rock if they do breed on it?