New Community

bedazzled

I am hoping to set up a new bigger community tank, the tank I am looking at is 1 metre long and 200 litres

I want something with slightly bigger fish than I have now and some nice bright colours.

I have looked at some fish and below is a list of fish I like, although I won't be having all of them obviously

Electric yellow Labidochromis

Rams

Angels

kribs

SAE

Rosy Barbs

Harlequin rasbora

Opaline Gourami

kuhli loach

clown loach

Will definately be having a school of neons .

Now the fun part, what would you put in it?

I am open to other suggestions also cos there are probably really cool fish that I haven't seen.

Thanks and have fun making a virtual tank :P

I figured I would have to do something with the angels when they got bigger, would like to get a small one to start with any way and when it gets too big it is leverage for me to talk my partner in to letting me get another tank :evil:

Is there anything else with bright colour like the electric yellow that would be suitable Dixon?

If it was my tank I'd make it planted with rocks. I'd make alot of caves and have a couple of pairs of kribs and BNs so they breed (I love watching fish raising their fry and BNs and Kribs are able to breed in community tanks and it'd be great to watch them). For colour I'd add some platys (sunset for the best colour and they're always out). Plus they breed easy so you may get some fry that survive. I'd add some Corys (panda are the coolest but are expensive so you could go for the cheaper version like bronze, albino or sterbei). They are really cool to watch swim around the bottom. I'd also add the kuhli loachs, clown loachs, Harlequin rasboras, Rams (what type are you going to get?), a nice big school of neons and get some Glowlights that would school with the neons and they look really cool. Also I'd add some SAE in if you want. I'd put the angels in and when they grow to big get rid get a bigger tank (I know you want to :lol: ). A good tip that was giving to me when I set a community tank up is to get fish for all levels so their is always something going on. let us know what you put in the tank.

I am probably going to have to transfer the fish from my existing community tank in to the new one so might not be able to have everything I would like lol

I would love a fighter but I think they may not be compatible with some of my existing stock :(

I was hoping to keep that community in the existing tank and have a whole new set of fish in the new one but my partner is determined not to let the house get over run with tanks lol

So I have to sell the old one once the new one is set up lol not that I have room for both of them any way