swordtail vs krib

vindy500

well found my female swordtail on the bottom of the tank, sitting there, missing its top fin and its tail fin... pretty sure it was my male krib, the swordtail had been looking skinny before this so am thinking the krib was just picking on the weak fish, ive put the sword into another tank, will she recover?

Depends on the fish themselves. I've never owned an aggressive krib though, only time they get nippy is if other fish aren't respecting the authority and hang out right in front of them, or they're breeding.

I'd say the swordtail got sick, and slow, and krib probably went to have a nibble as it's an easy target. If he was picking on her, you would've seen it.

I'd expect the sword will pass on, but fresh water and a little salt may help her chances. Good luck!

Depends on the fish themselves. I've never owned an aggressive krib though, only time they get nippy is if other fish aren't respecting the authority and hang out right in front of them, or they're breeding.

I'd say the swordtail got sick, and slow, and krib probably went to have a nibble as it's an easy target. If he was picking on her, you would've seen it.

I'd expect the sword will pass on, but fresh water and a little salt may help her chances. Good luck!

thanks,shes currently in a little tank with a plattie who got hit by the syphon hose :oops: with a bit of salt in the water, will see how things go

in tank, black neons angel fish swordtail (only a boy now) platties SAE redspot plec kribs kising gourami and blue gourami rosy barbs and danios. the boy krib is the bully, always chasing other fish, do you think if i got another male krib he might settle down?