Fin rott

yeeahboy

Hey need some advice on cure for fin rott. I may have found the cause for the fin rott which was poor water quality due to over feeding. (although i do weekly water changes and there is no food left over after feeding). I think it was a new flake food i was using which triggerd the poor water, as Ive had green water and also had some tiny white worms which both are caused by over feeding.

So just wanting to know is there a medicine which works to cure fin rot.

It is happening to 2 silver dollars which had some damaged fins when i bought them lfs.

I have a 200l tank with 6 silver dollars and 20 neons.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

have dosed melafix with no result.

have got some wunder tonic and am dosing at the moment. problem is bottle dos'nt give full dosing instructions.

at the mo i have done 3x 9ml doses into 180L tank over a week. with a water change during the week, does this sound about right?

yes i agree with improving water quality as i've had a few problems which all derive from poor water.

I just find it hard to believe as i have always done weekly water changes 30% at least and vacum every 2 weeks.

as stated above in first post all problems seemed to start when i got a new food brand. (maybe it was higher in phosphates or something)