Fish having trouble with floating

Nana Luke

New betta seems to have a bit of trouble staying at one level of the tank. Like if he stops in one place then he floats upward to the top. I'm worried he might be sick.

Any ideas on what's wrong/if there is anything wrong/how to fix it?

all help appreciated.

I had this happen with a large Silver Dollar of mine a while back, actually 2 of them ended up this way over time, however they came right... they had bruised swim bladder, and over a couple or days or so came right...

I hope it is nothing serious in your case 8)

Hi i hope he comes right.Did you give him some peas.I think that sight i gave you to check out,had some thing about bloat.Im going to check it out myself it looked good.I lost one of my fish a month ago through bloat.There are a few thing that can cause it to happen,and some fish are more inclined to get it.I hope its not.Good luck

yes your right 2 differnt compounds but often plain epsom salt is packaged and labled as tonic salt in treating bloat both compounds will achieve the same result possiblt the epsom salt more effective i didnt mean to mislead anyone as both are tolerated by most fish

ok so they are different then. The reading I did on the interweb said that normal aquarium salt is bad for plants and that epsom is better for them.

They also say that epsom salt should be used in smaller doses than tonic or aquarium salt. so will they both aid to cure the same sort of things? or completely different things?

i only use epsom salt as it achieves the same things the link i posted gives a good run down of problems treated by salt for bloat epsom would be best if no improvement in 12 hours the dosage of 1 tablespoon per 10gallon can be doubled safely :)