Peter McLeod

Hi everyone my name is Peter McLeod

I have been into breeding tropical fish for about 5 years, mainly guppies and siamese fighters.I have my own fishroom that is cheaper to run than heating alot of indevidual tanks and I am also thinking of building my fishroom out to incorperate the garage as well.When your breeding it dosn't matter how many tanks you have ist's never enough.I have a few nice guppies, some were given to me by Kelly Rennel and others I purchased from Petworld in Christchurch as trio's that I am now into my second generation and back crossing the virgin females back to their fathers.

I have been line breeding fighters for about 4 years and by carefully breeding only females with the best colour have got them as colourful as my males.Still having problems with the red wash in some of my blues and greens but it is fading little by little with each generation.

Thats all for now

Hi Peter,

I was just talking to Kelly tonight as he rang from sunny Invercargill. He is loving it down there so far and has posted pictures of his new place on the web. I will check to see if he is OK with me putting the address here so FNZAS members and others who know him and have a look.