Bolivains

mumzy50

Bolivains could not wait,they spawned in my community tank last night.Good parents,keeping all the other fish away at the moment.Im not ready to breed them at the moment so i will see how it goes.How long till the eggs hatch,as i might still rescue them.

Oh they are awesome fish to breed... we had a neat pair about a year ago now, can't look past these fish, the looks and interaction of them is just fantastic :D

I took the eggs pretty much straight away... placed them in a cycled tank, same water temp... airstone and a bit of meth blue... kept the water moving nicely over the eggs... and they hatched as good as gold... give it a whirl, it's neat :D

Hmm have you got anything bigger than a breeding net... like a large ice cream container floating in the tank, with airstone and bit of meth... also with breeding nets you have to be careful as the fry could end up getting sucked through the mesh of the breeding net by other tank mates, it is amazing how much fish spot smaller prey inside breeding nets... they can either get sucked through or badly damaged by fish trying to predate...

Hi i have put them in an ice cream container.I feel bad as parents were doing a great job.They attacked my hand,and i dont blame them,poor things.I never intented to breed these fish at all.As im thinking of changing to bigger fish.Just cant make up my mind,so im just sitting back at the moment.Thanks for the help.