Giant Gourami Appreciation Thread

Loopy

Why don't we hear more about these amazing fish?

Our baby is Juju. The kids and i love her to bits. She is so interactive and guests are amazed by her.

IMG_4881-1.jpg

IMG_5138.jpg

IMG_5267.jpg

Can other GG lovers and keepers share pics and stories please?

Well I think they are big and ugly and your one has obviously killed its duck so they must be aggressive! :lol:

Looks like the snail is trying to make its escape too!

I know a lot of people love the big cichlids but I am a fan of the smaller shoaling fish myself. :wink:

Well I think they are big and ugly

Aww! Juju is baby beautiful at the moment. I am sure we will still love her just as much when she gets ugly (I do agree the pics of adults i have seen have not been very pretty tho :-? )

and your one has obviously killed its duck so they must be aggressive! :lol:

:lol: Nah!! She just has it out for fingers, hairties and plastic toys. All Wilsons tiger barbs have never had a scale out of place. She ignores them completely. and her 4 swordtails know to stay out of her way.

Oh but all veges and fruit should keep far away. she really murders a cherry tomato. You have been warned!!!

Looks like the snail is trying to make its escape too!
Watching her with that snail was brilliant. Drove her nuts when it started getting out of reach. She kept trying to leap for it higher and higher. :bounce:

I know a lot of people love the big cichlids

Umm :oops: Anabantoid not cichlid you mean?

Well we got a GG down this way called Floyd, you will remember him snookie :P

He was going to be pan fried if I remember rightly :-? So hubby and I paid freight for him to be shipped down, a fair sized GG too... he quite happily lived at hubbys work.... until he and the Aro had words rather too often so had to look at step 2... then we found out that the National Aquarium was looking for a nice size GG to put in their big display as they lost their old boy, so perfect, we donated him!!!! :D:D:hail:

Floyd lives at the National Aquarium now, so make sure you say hi to him when you drop through :D If he hadn't have ended up there he would have ended up going in the 1600 litre tank at hubbys work anyway, so either way he was safe for a home 8)

Lovely GG's Loopy and SW 8)

This photo was taken two days ago:

gg.jpg

He gets a small portion of african cichlid pellets 4 x a day on the autofeeder, then tonight I came home and he ate two slices of courgette, half a handful of african cichlid pellets, flakes, and still wanted to eat my finger. After I saw what he did to that poor courgette, he aint getting no where near my fingers!

Can't beleive how different he looks to that old photo, that can't have been more than 3 months ago?