CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC

goldfish

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, belatedly as much as I'd like to avoid breathing in smoke in public I wouldn't support a ban. My feelings:

(a) Extreme irritation with becoming asthmatic every morning walking past the smokers on the way to the bus stop. It's total crap that you can choose not to inhale other's smoke when on a bad day it travels a good block.

(b) I hate sanctimonious prats who take it upon themselves to chide smokers (who aren't being rude or anything) as much as the next smoker

© The times that I DO choose to breathe in smoke is at pubs as half my friends are smokers. Would I rather be warm and able to breathe without feeling smothered? Yes. But if your friends smoke it's the way it is.

(d) I love no smoking inside in pubs but actually I would support smoking rooms at workplaces so long as there's an alternative for non-smokers, smokers don't get "smoke breaks" (WTF is with that anyway?), and the smoke doesn't go right through the building.

So yeah, I get angry and bitter breathing other's smoke just walking on the street, but I wouldn't ban it

I've smoked a few cigarettes.. when I'm drunk its a bit of a bad habit. But one of my friends took it away from drinking and started smoking at home, sticking her head out her bedroom window to do it. When she would tell me about it I was, I admit, disgusted. When my boyfriend smokes (when hes drunk) I refuse to kiss him. I am now against smoking completely.

The worst thing ever is I am sitting in a uni lecture thats two hours long, we have a 10minute break inbetween the two hours and all the smokers (half the room) file out to have their fags. They come back in and the room absolutely REEKS of cigarette smoke for the remainder of the lecture. I get a killer headache and I just can't concentrate.

I ask my mates why they do it? They say "you have to die of something, why not die doing something you enjoy?"

My opinion: Smokers should be responsible with how they smoke, a ban wont work.

Cigarettes aren't the best things to smoke. . . I can think of way better things... :lol: