I went to my grand parents 60th wedding aniversary ......

smidey

I went to my grand parents 60th wedding aniversary this weekend & they got cards from Queen Elizabeth, Helen Clark, the governor general & Phil Heatley (our local National party rep). I was very surprised that this happened but when you think about being married for 60 years they deserve more than that! :o

Congratulations on their achievement.

The sceptic in me wonders whether there will be too many people of my generation (Gen X) that will survive that long in marriage.

One advantage is though that we won't get a letter from Helen :lol:

My grandparents lasted 50 years together then they passed... they think my grandad died of a broken heart a year after my nana passed...

i have heard that a few times. my gp's were married in 1948, Nana was 17 & gdad was 21 at the time. They are doing so well, they get up every morning & walk the dog 5Ks then nana does her gardening & gdad does farm work. that is what they do when they are not playing bowls.

Well Grant and I are halfway there! :lol:

We had 2 patients here (I am at work at a GP's office) who was due to celebrate their 73rd anniversary when she died :cry:

He died aged 93 a couple of years later. We had been joking about him having to save up cos the 75th was platinum (I think) and he had to buy her something real fancy :lol: