Burnt plug

bulldogod

water does that as i found out today

one of my tanks sprung a leak and sprayed water right on to a 4way it looks the same as the photo lol

i walked into the room with the tank and thought that doesn't smell good so had a look around the room then thought that tank looks very low looked across from the tank and the 4 way was black around holes for the prongs and i could see sparks inside it :o:o:o so off it went at the wall

i think i am very lucky that there was no fire

Cheap multibox with poor contact tension. A lot of the cheap ones do this if the plugs are pulled in and out a few times. Some are so bad the plugs fall out when you turn them over. When the tension is like this, the pins will heat up causing this to happen (Grant - electrical service technician :wink: )

Cheap multibox with poor contact tension. A lot of the cheap ones do this if the plugs are pulled in and out a few times. Some are so bad the plugs fall out when you turn them over. When the tension is like this, the pins will heat up causing this to happen (Grant - electrical service technician :wink: )

Agreed, poor contact = high resistance most common cause of termination failure, you should see the results on a major load of thousands of amps :wink: now that's a real hot spot