Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

German Blue Rams

Featured Replies

Last night I spotted a few auctions for German Blue Rams on trademe.

They are still only fry but will be available for pickup in a few weeks.

Anyone know the differences between German and Chinese Blue Rams or is it just the language they speak? :lol:

I think the imported ones from asian fish farms don't last long something to do with being hormone fed, however if you lucky enough to get a pair of them that breed before they cark it (some are also lucky enough the parents live) the babies should be fine provided they are fed on a varied normal diet..

Just had a look at the auction, I wouldn't go buying any of those babies now when you have to wait 10-12 weeks for them to grow, how do you know that he'll even still have them at that age?

Yeah I think the whole 10-12week wait thing is interesting, I can see their point they want the tank free'd up and want buyers ready to go. As a buyer I wouldn't pay a cent until I had the fish though, and also think the seller may find it difficult to track people down after a few month's as people change their mind etc..

I think the whole german ram versus chinese ram thing is them referring to bolivian/blue ram's some people confuse the 2 and call all blues "german blue ram" and bolivian's chinese rams..

Bilbo on here sells some nice ram's that his brother bred and he is also breeding some nice ones himself pm him if you want some ive had some for a few month's now and they're awesome :)

  • Author

if you bother to read the ad in any detail you will see that you dont have to pay for them until time to pickup - therefore no real risk there for the buyer.

where in nz is bilbo based?

Another problem in recent times with rams is the fact they are coming in with internal parasites, some of them have to must dreadful sunken in tummies... Near on 2 years ago when we had 2 pairs of rams, they were outstanding in condition and lasted ages, even went as far as spawning in their planted tank.. yet kuhli loaches etc took care of those I am sure... :roll: :lol: I am certainly on the look out for some nice rams at some stage, just gotta make sure I have the room first.

  • Author

Do a search. Profile says Bulls.

Hmmm I was going to but ya did it for me! Bulls eh...doesnt really help me. Might keep an eye on these from the shore

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.