Foam Rubber for internal Filters

ej

It may be plastic? But the materials is for small internal filters to be driven by air.

I am after sheets of the materials say 75mm or 100mm thick, then to be cut for squares 75mm X 75mm with a hole in the middle for the air tube.

It may be plastic? But the materials is for small internal filters to be driven by air.

I am after sheets of the materials say 75mm or 100mm thick, then to be cut for squares 75mm X 75mm with a hole in the middle for the air tube.

Are you looking for the standard white filter floss? By that I mean the stuff that looks a bit like cotton-wool. In which case you can get it from a pet store.

Try para rubber if you have one near. some garden centers (and bunnings etc) sell the blocks but they are a stupid price (as are the LFS), $40-$50 a block from memory. I'd check out payless plastic's too they might sell something. Good luck and if you find a good cheap option post the details cause I've had half hearted looks before with out much luck.

johnny, shiuh's idea for sponge filters is a good one and may be better for ej's purpose, although I would glue the sponge to the glass rather then pin and rubber bands.

The sponge filter I make has a greater filtering ability > for larger tanks then ej's needs.