Disaster

mumzy50

What a disaster,water big puddles on my carpet cant believe i have done it again.Thought i would give the turtles a big water change so i used the hose,clipped it to the side of the tank and turned the hose on.Hose on the floor when i came back in.All my towels that i dryed this morning are now on the floor,soaking up the puddles.What a stinking day :evil:

Go have a look at Bunnings for a tap that can clip onto the end of your hose. Problem solved for under $5. :wink:

I only had to do it once before going to the trouble of getting a tap....

Thanks for that,I will make sure i get one.Nothing worst than a soggy carpet this time of year.Turtles were fine i dont have them in the tank when i do a water change.This was my third time,i thought i had it secure.

i thought as we got older we learnt from our mistakes

i still make mistakes :oops:

but now have lino on the floor :D

Where did you hear that from?. :lol: My mistakes got bigger.I just put it down to the age thing,will thats my excuse.

Hi Mumzy :D I also had a mishap....11.30 pm Sun nite I was cleaning my 1200x500 turtle tank thats currently sitting on dining table... When nearly empty I (foolishly) slipped some sheets under one end to get last of water out...and then stuck the hose in and re-filled it as was going to run fresh water thru filter and then empty tank again...but tank decided to empty itself!...So there was a HUGE noise, the bottom broke in several places and it emptied the entire contents on the carpet in about 40sec!!! :roll: It emptied so much, so fast, the water was about 2cm above the skirting board for awhile until it spread itself throughout the room...and fortunately down a small hole under a cupboard as well...I'm still dealing with carpet cleaners and insurance claims for lights and plugs that were on the floor...and the 6 wet chairs and water damaged table...and the list goes on! :-? And 5 more turtles arrived Monday which was why I'd cleaned the tank :( But great work from "inside oceans" who arrived next day to remove the tank and all the glass. So 5 turtles in the bath at the moment......ahhh such is life...anyone want a free turtle??? :D

Will Donna your disaster is way worse than mine,poor thing.And i want your turtles,but cant.I might get a Lotto ticket.If gorge was nice i would have room.I hope you dont have to share your bath for much longer,i love my bath on a cold night.Hopfully the insurance pays out soon.Will they replace your tank?.My insurance covers animal disaster must check with mine to see if they would replace tanks.Maybe some one in your area could lend you one.Post tank wanted on here,and who knows some one might have one not in use.Good luck wish i could be of more help.

Actually insurance has been really good, paying for new tank, glass removal etc etc... Carpet being steam cleaned Mon so need to move other 2 tanks out of lounge as well, (open plan dining/lounge), so good excuse to do complete filter/ tank clean on all 3 tanks I have in that area...and new tank hopefully arrive in a few days as well. You should have heard the NOISE the commercial grade blowers and huge dehumidifiers made for 3 days....very glad they've gone now :bounce:

Bit of a nuisance having to run around getting quotes and buying stuff etc. No idea wots happening with table as whole top needs replacing and may not be able to get same colour, sigh. Just a bit early (and cold) for such a good 'spring clean' of every-thing :-? But turtles all safe. Just as well none in there as big jagged pieces of glass were sticking straight up (thanks to my towel/sheet pushed so far under the tank)... Any one know where I can get some new poly-styrene from? :D