We're all going to the Zoo!

Simian

The Waikato Aquarium Society has a new home...the Hamilton Zoo!

This is an exciting change for us with a new home, a new focus and a new event based calendar (which will be unveiled at our next club meet)

So come along and see us at the Hamilton Zoo Education centre Sunday the 6th July at 3.00pm

Members get free access to the zoo as well (details still pending) so thats another great reason to come along.

We will be setting up an aquarium display so planning that will be our first activity (It looks like it may end up being a native tank so I can see some fun field collection days coming up).

Bring the kids and your partners we are family friendly and will be getting some activities rolling for the younger ones.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We will probably be discussing what we can and cant do as far as the display tank at the committee meeting on the 22nd.

I would love to get a whole swag of biotypes going but we will need to walk before we run and we will have to look after the things too, I'm sure the zoo staff have plenty to do as it is.

all your locals pass the word on to non forum fishy people we are going to get this club pumping!

• 2 weeks later...

Next Event This Sunday, 2.30-5.00pm Hamilton Zoo

Guest speaker Charles Mitchell (he successfully breeds Whitebait and giant kokapu!) Charles is going to go over our ideas re setting up our first Zoo display, which has been requested to be a native tank. We will be having a Sausage sizzle, spot prizes and fun for the family, come along and see our new home.