led lighting.

vindy500

Are you not happy with the lighting?

because the fish doesnt really need the light and is really only essential for plants to grow or for owners viewing pleasures.

My advise is, if the current light are enough for you then leave them.

pull it to bits and replace the leds with super brite 1s u can get some pretty powerful 1s i have 10 on my 30l it works fine just the rite amont dse have pre soldered packs of ten for around ten bucks they have bout 4 inches of wire already attached

pull it to bits and replace the leds with super brite 1s u can get some pretty powerful 1s i have 10 on my 30l it works fine just the rite amont dse have pre soldered packs of ten for around ten bucks they have bout 4 inches of wire already attached

i can quite happily solder my own led's i just wanted to know how bright a led i should get

check wat voltage u are using 2 power the leds will prolly be 12v thats all gud next time u are dse they have a small perpex board with different type of leds showing size and brightness select a really bright 1 and go home and try it out u wont be paying more than $1.20 per LED they are cheap as if u then find they are too bright solder in a resistor inline before the power supply or solder the leds into two series circuts rather tahn 1 big paralell. u could add more leds if its still not bright enuff here is a link to my tank with leds it has ten although the background actually blocks half of the lite its still pretty brite the photo is taken in a dark room at nite , its the bottom photo on my post

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/9-vt30887.html?start=120

• 2 weeks later...

Virtually all 5mm LEDs put out about the same amount of light. Its just more or less focused, and then there is the BS they put into the MCD ratings since most people have no way of checking them.

If you want bright then look for a 3w power led, just be sure to strap it to something large and metal so it doesnt overheat.