breeding bugs

Glad you asked this Puffadragon... I was looking at doing the same thing, I threw some big locusts in for our dragon Albert to scoff and two started mating in the tank.. next thing the female is laying eggs everywhere... and they are dripping down off the wooden log all down onto the bottom and partially over the dragon, and he had a big scoff on them :roll:

I would love to breed some locusts also, or at least give them a whirl too :D

I will write an article on breeding crickets and locust when I have some time. As snookie says feed mealworms bran and carrot (and apple). Dont chuck out your bran after all your adults die as you normally have to wait a while for the young to hatch.

Mealworms are easy, as said bran and I just throw in a whole carrot,Then leave them. will try get pic up of locust breeding but I just have them in 4 ft glass tank with sand, some branches, 150 watt bulb, feed them grass and poultry mash,

I buy my insects from alien4, she sends great and slightly amusing info sheets with them so easy as to care for them and they stay alive and healthy for ages 2. I keep the mealworms in lettuce and bran. And the locusts in a tank with a heat source, water, glass and sticks. Funny as most people think i keep insects as pets when they see them set up by the beardy tank.

just good old sand, from the plant bran,,

Not ever from beach to salty, etc

Power,, i would'nt have the foggest idea how much i use, or cost with the beardies, locusts etc and now having the fire going as heat time for light and heat change often, plus im not the bill payer, so what i dont see don't hurt :lol: