Jebo R331,R338,R352kg,R375kg

pcamore

please advise if anyone knows about the product recall of the above aquariums.

below is the article found on a chinease site other sites also mention this recall but it is all on hong kong sites .

Do you think it applies to NZ models as well ?

if yes what do i do ?

Recall of JEBO aquarium lighting models

The Electrical and Mechanical Services Department (EMSD) today (April 2) urged consumers to stop using five models of JEBO aquarium lighting for safety reasons.

A recent safety test by the department revealed that the internal ballasts of JEBO aquarium lighting, of model numbers R331, R338, R352KG, R362KG and R375KG, might have an overheating problem during use, posing a fire hazard risk to users.

The supplier, Carkey Aquarium Limited, has initiated recall of the concerned aquarium lighting. and recall notices were posted in newspapers today.

According to the supplier, the aquarium lighting was supplied to the local market between May, 2005, and November, 2007.

For details of the recall, consumers should contact the supplier's hotlines on 2432 0880 or 2406 9992.

Ends/Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Issued at HKT 11:44

http://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/2008 ... 020108.htm

I have locked this topic while I await feedback from the NZ Supplier. Once I have their response it will be added here and re-locked.

I have received a response for the NZ Distributor:

Jebo Aquariums are sold in a large number of countries internationally. The product recall issued on April 2nd is only for product manufactured for the Hong Kong market.

Jebo has not requested the recall of any product manufactured for New Zealand.

So it looks like all is ok in NZ.